Dreams and Dodgeball

I have to start off by saying that I often remember my dreams. This is mostly due to the fact that my dreams are very vivid. I find myself hardly able to distinguish between what is real and what is not. With that said, Last night I dreamt that I got a tattoo.

The whole time I felt like this was all really happening. Not so much the pain of getting a tattoo, as I have never felt that in my life, but more of the emotion of getting the tattoo. There were several feelings that overcame me as I was preparing to get this tattoo. First of all, I was very excited about actually getting a tattoo. Also there was this rush that went through me...probably because I was doing something that I knew I shouldn't, Like I was breaking a major rule. It would be my greatest rebellion and I felt very good about it.

I decided that I wanted a small little number on the left side of my thigh. I don't know why exactly, but I thought that would be the most discrete place that I could place a tattoo. My memory of the actual design I had picked is fuzzy, but I do remember thinking that it was perfect and exactly what I wanted.

And there I was in the tattoo parlor, getting my tat done. I did not look until they had the first outline of it done, and at that first glace I was horrified. The tattoo was completely different from what I had previously chosen. What first set me off was the size of it. What I had chosen was probably only the size of a half dollar, what had actually been done took up almost the entire length of my thigh. Then I started to realize that the tattoo was nothing like the design that I had wanted. It was this circular shape with leaves coming off the top. But the weirdest thing was what was inside of the circle...and there they were, five aliens standing around. Immediately I thought "This is terrible, this is not what I wanted and this will have to be removed". I regretted ever having this done. I worried about how I would ever hide this on my leg when I wear skirts or shorts. I was ashamed of what I had done and realized that this was not worth breaking the rules for. I did not know what I was going to do, but I knew that I could not let them start on the next layer. Just as the tat artist came back to start I woke up. I woke up thinking that I had really gotten this tattoo done. I also felt the urgency in figuring out the removal process. It was about then that I realized that it was all just a dream and a very weird one at that. Like I said, my dreams are very real and this was no exception.

So now on to the dodge ball part...

Today at work we played dodge ball. I had decided that I was not going to really get involved. I thought that I would just kinda start at the back and be more of a support to the team. However, this attitude is not in the Kauvaka genetic make up. We are born competitors. Once the game started, I could not help but get really into it. I got 5 people out by catching balls that they had tried to throw at me. I felt pretty good and naturally my team was victorious. I think my favorite part was the bonding that occurred from dominating another team. You never know you could feel so close to coworkers until you play a round of dodge ball with them. Plus there is always the satisfaction of nailing that person at work that always drives you crazy...

1 comments:

Michael said...

You really did work in your dreams and on the dodge ball court. Woo hoo!