The New Frontier of Pedicures

This morning as I was filling my water bottle at work, I watched as Fox ran this story on the TV.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Jul21/0,4670,FishPedicures,00.html


I could not contain my laughter over the thought of this. I came back to my cubicle, looked up this article, and continued to laugh for the next few minutes as I read on. Really, carp eating away at scaly feet...and 5,000 people have already tried this? I could not believe that this was real.

For anybody who has ever thought a pedi was ticklish, I can only imagine that this would be a million time worse.

Also, I hate to sound like a crazed animal activist, but how humane is it for these poor carp to be starved, then be forced to feed on dry skin off people's feet. I am starting to get very queasy at the thought...

Overall, I am not sure how I feel about this innovation in the health and beauty field.

4 comments:

Kelly Simonsen said...

I would rather have dead foot skin. Puke.

B said...

I'm sure this is animal cruelty!

B said...

that comment took me like 20 min to leave because I could not do the work verification-the thing where you type in the letters you see (the letters were all crazy)

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

I love it Dede.