the housing gods are on our side

So recently I have decided to extend my stay in P-town. Before this point, I had not planned on staying around, therefore I had not extended my contract at my current location. The place where I am currently living is great, very spacious and comfortable. But of course the management had sold my place to someone else back in March. My current roommate and I realized (a little late) that if we were both staying around that we should be looking for new housing. But with housing in this community...if you snooze, you loose. We started looking this last Sunday, and were not having much luck. Not only is it difficult to find a decent contract for one person, it is near impossible to find something for two people in the same apartment. Our rigorous search continued to no avail. We were soon realizing that the only building with vacancies just might be The Truman (see below).


This place is seriously straight out of a horror film. Honestly it is one of the most terrifying places I have ever been. I am sick now just thinking about it. But what made me really sick was the thought that I might be forced to house here.

But today we finally had some success. I had been emailing this complex who according to their message, had an available room for my roommate and I. It had been days and I had not heard anything back from them. Just as we were loosing all hope of normal and affordable housing, today they told me that the contracts were still for sell and that we could sign. I nearly fainted after reading this. These past few days have been very stressful because of this housing crisis. But it looks like the housing gods were looking down on us. What a relief. Sorry Truman, no haunting for us this year. But I should look into throwing my Halloween party there this year...


4 comments:

Mills said...

you are a very lucky girl

Kelly Simonsen said...

I laugh/snorted! That place is disgusting! I would rather take my chances living in Kiwanis Park.

dede said...

no it is really creepier than you could ever imagine...

B said...

i just keep telling myself, at least it is not the truman.

(seeing these pics, it is actually helping)