me llamo jonas

So three months ago I got tickets to see Weezer in concert. This week I finally got to see them. But this was not my first time...I saw them around this time three years ago in Denver with the Foo Fighters, and have been wanting to see them again ever since. This year with the release of the Red Album they headed out on tour again, this time with a stop in SLC. Here are some highlights from the concert...

Angels & Airwaves started the night off...I have to admit that I wasn't super excited for them but they put on a good show. I was thoroughly impressed. And just for the record, I would have no problem marrying a rock star "cough" David Kennedy "cough, cough".


After a short intermission, Weezer took the stage and started off with My Name is Jonas..


Please notice how the hand kinda frames what I was actually taking a picture of...the crowd surfing wheelchair.


We were so close to Rivers...I swear that he was looking right at me!



The red track suits were Fabulous. Rivers had done work to his, both knees had holes in them from him sliding around on stage so much!


One of the highlights of the night was when they brought out the hootenanny and performed "Island in The Sun" and "Beverly Hills".

I again was not disappointed and had the best time of my life! I heart Weezer!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Simonsen said...

Crowd surfing wheel chair=priceless

Michael said...

They played in Portland last night. I swear that if I didn't have to work, I would've dropped everything and driven up there to see them again. It was so good. Too bad we went the wrong way on the 215. Too bad...

Mills said...

very good blog title; the minorities who follow your blog appreciate it.