Rooney @ Spoon Me

Naturally with this type of festivity, I always find myself with good material...

I had heard about this event about a week and half ago, and could hardly contain my self. I have loved Rooney since my high school days and was thrilled that I would finally see them live. But because this was a promotion for Spoon Me, I was a little skeptical of it actually happening.



So Saturday finally came...my friends and I showed up an hour early to secure our spots at the concert. I really thought that there would be a ton of people, and that I might have to be waiting outside the door at 11 am. Luckily this was not the case. There were only like ten people in line when we showed up around 6. Unfortunately the ten kids in line were all freshies. One kid in particular kept driving me insane.


Some other highlights of that wait include the girl next to us applying make-up (watching her apply the wall of blush was my favorite part), the Kid with the white shirt under his v-neck tee, and the first performer showing up in his van.


That night I also realized I am my mother...

As we were waiting for Rooney to come out, I told the girl next to me off.

She had worked her way up to the front and kept trying to push her way through me. Finally I had had enough and I turned around and told her that she had been pushing me all night and that she needed to stop. She preceded to tell me that I had actually been pushing her all night. That's when I told her that she needed to chill out and just stop. That was the last I saw of her all night...


Now on to Rooney! The show was fabulous...and I am in love (especially with the drummer, so hot!) Here are some pics from the night.




Luckily I got some pictures before the push to the stage began. People were trying to make their way to the stage and I started getting crushed...

Eventually I just made my way out and and enjoyed the rest of the concert while breathing, but not before I got to touch the lead singer's hand(sigh). Best $3 concert of my life!

1 comments:

Michael said...

No kidding, it was the best $3 concert of your life. I even sighed a little when I touched Robert Schwartzman's hand. Those people were rediculous. You forgot to mention the "Why would you say that?" girl. Ugh.