Flashback Friday- The Nutcracker

This story takes place about two years ago...I lived with my best friends Jesse, Betsy, and Kristi. That January, Kristi decided to go to China to teach English. When she left, we decided to move Jesse into our room with us. It was seriously so much fun having us all in the same room.

Sometime in November of that year, Jesse and I were both home one afternoon and she decided to share some of her family home videos with me. Now this was a big deal because Jess does not just let anybody see these home videos, but she made an exception for me. So, of course I was very excited that she was allowing me to watch them. She started off with a video of her birthday. It was a video of her and a couple of friends at the lake swimming and playing on a boat. Just your average summer fun…Then she skipped to a video of her and her sisters reenacting The Nutcracker on Christmas Eve. Jesse was around 14-15 years old and her oldest sister was a freshman in college. Jesse was very embarrassed, but for some reason just kept showing me the video. It was hilarious and I loved it. Afterward, she told me that she keeps these videos hidden and that I was not allowed to tell anyone that she had shown them to me.

When Kristi moved out and Jesse moved in with us, we used their old room as a large Closet. It was Fabulous, but it got messy in there quite frequently. So one night, when Jesse was gone, I was in the “closet” and found Jesse’s home videos just sitting by the dresser. Okay maybe it was in one of the dresser drawers, but it’s hard to say and my memory is fading. Betsy and I had been doing homework all night and it was time for us to have a break. So we decided it would be perfect to watch some of the Hinkson’s home videos. There we were in our bedroom, watching Jesse and her family’s adventures. It was getting late and I knew that Jesse would be home soon, but I wanted Betsy to see The Nutcracker- Hinkson style, so the rush was on to find it. I had just barely found it when we heard Jesse coming in the door, so I went out to distract her so Betsy could continue watching the video.

Jesse and I were out in the bathroom area getting ready for bed with Betsy in the room still watching and snickering. Jesse even walked in and out of the room several times and didn’t even notice. Then she heard something that sounded familiar to her and she went over to the computer to see what Betsy was watching. Jesse realized that Betsy had been sitting there watching her home videos without her permission. At that moment I was standing by my bed, just getting into my PJ bottoms. Jesse ran over to me, standing there pant less, and started to choke me. In her fury, she had just not realized that she was choking me in my underwear. Betsy just sat there on the bed next to us, wide eyed and speechless. Naturally, I was in shock so I could not say anything either. A real sight to see I am sure. Finally Jesse snapped out of it and realized what she had done. I think that she ran out of the room after that, but I was still kind of in shock at that point so the details are fuzzy. Very traumatizing at the time, but now we all joke and laugh about it every chance we get.

6 comments:

Mills said...

Hahaha, this is great!

B said...

best part is, I got to see two great shows, Jess choking Dede in her undies and the entire Hinckson Nutcracker, with no anger directed towards me!

Mrs. Nut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse said...

LOL!!! that story never gets old, and the memory will never fade! me chocking dede in her underwear...

Kelly Simonsen said...

You are SLAYING me!!!

The Himmer Family said...

Dede, I just found your blog- and this is the best story... ever! hahaha...