Flashback Friday-Can I get your number? Can I have it?

Earlier this year I took a little trip out to NYC. This was my first trip to the city and I was very excited. My flight arrived really early in the morning and we decided it would be best for me to take a cab out to my friend’s place.

So after my red eye flight, I walked out of JFK around 6:00 AM and started looking for a cab. As I walked down the pick-up area, I had driver of a black Lincoln holler at me that he would charge the same as a regular cab to take e to Manhattan. At first I ignored him and kept looking for a yellow cab. But he came over and asked where I was going. I told him Manhattan and he again told me that he would charge me the same price as a regular cab. After verifying his legitimacy, I let him take my bag and I got into the black car. I just hoped that I did not make a huge mistake and that he was going to end up charging me a crapload for this ride.

He started with some small conversation, just asking me where I was from and what I was doing in the city. Then out of no where he just looked back at me and told me that I was beautiful. I thanked him for his compliment and then a whole new set of fears rushed through my mind. The driver charging me exorbitant prices for the ride wasn't even an issue to the fact that he was not going to take me to my intended destination. I started to let the worries flood in and realized that I might actually die in my first thirty minutes in New York.

He, Murphy C. as I would later find out, would ask me questions, and I would politely respond. He asked about where I was from and why I was out in NY. He asked if I had a boyfriend and I had to make up a story. But apparently it was weak because he tried to play a little game with me and asked me to think of a number and he would guess what it was. That was when he asked if he could touch my hand, you know for "vibes" to help him guess. He naturally guessed the number I was thinking of. I looked around me as he drove me, trying to decipher if he was actually taking me to where I was supposed to go. But that would only help me so much seeing as how I have never been to NYC before. I found out my driver’s name from his business card that he gave me. He asked for my contact information and told me that if I had time on my trip, that I should call him. The kicker was when Murphy told me that he thought that I might be the one. At this point I was thoroughly scared. He asked for my number, which I told him I don't give out, but then asked for my email address and I felt bad so I gave him a fake one. He said that I should give him a call if I had time and wanted to go out for a drink.

Luckily, right around then we got to what I could only hope was Tony's place. Murphy got out and got my suitcase out of the trunk. Then he walked me up to the doorstep. He waited as I called for Tony to let me in. When I had gotten a hold of Tony and I was able to get in, Murphy C. gave me a little kiss on the cheek and told me that he really enjoyed getting to meet me. Should have seen that one coming but totally missed it. What a welcome to NYC! Throughout my trip I had several encounters with very forward men which made for good stories upon my return.

This is a little reminder of what my time out in NYC was like with the boys…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D0555EtAZ4

4 comments:

Michael said...

That is too much. You should've brought up how Owen called Murphy C. Also, why did you save that business card? Were you using Murphy for cheap rides in his limo-taxi? Or were you really looking to hook up with him?

Michael said...

Also, thanks for the twin post. Fascinating.

dede said...

I'd like to forget that owen did such a foolish thing. Who knows why I decided to keep the card. (there were so many things that I wanted to say here but they all sounded dirty, so I gave up)

And is there a little sarcasm in that second post? I know that you just wish that you could have that much in common with somebody...

Holly said...

Holy cow, that's hilarious.